December 13, 2008

O' Fun For... catching up here while slacking in the real world

Phew! It's been a while since I've posted! Sorry about that. James and I ditched out and went to Florida for a week, and then returned to a week of kids with the pukes. (Well, just one puker, and one fever-y whiner.) It's karma's way of making up for our nice peaceful week away. Psch! See if we try that again, eh?
So, here is my attempt to conjure something blog-related out of all this...

While in Daytona Beach we caught the last few days of Hot Rod Week. I felt so guilty about ditching our two boys and then spending the night checking out super-cool cars! Shhh... don't tell them that's what we did! Here is a picture of a car whose paint job I intend to copy if I am ever forced into owning a minivan.



Now don't get your panties in a knot- I have nothing against mini-van drivers. Most of my friends have mini-vans with awesome things like magic doors and DVD players and thirty-eight or so cup-holders. It's just that if I have one, it's going to have to be Pimp-My-Ride style. Besides this sweet paint job, it'll have those hubcaps that keep spinning when your car stops, blue lights from underneath, hydraulics, and a velvet dashboard cover with my initials embossed in it. Now that would be a van with unlimited crafty potential! I'll make sure to get it right about the time my kids are in Junior High. Old enough to be embarrassed by the sweet ride, and young enough that they can't drive on their own yet and therefor need me and the sweet van to take them everywhere. I plan on pumpin' some nice old school rap (and calling it that) such as "Gettin' Jiggy With It" and bustin' out the hydraulics as I pull up to the curb at their school. That would really be doing my parental duty of embarrassing my kids. Ahhh, it's fun to dream....

The actual projects this week have been mostly kid-related as I tried to entertain my sick kids with something other than 8 hours of tv a day. Here we see the snowflakes that Toby and I cut and hung above the kitchen table:



I guess it's nice that these snowflakes are still going to be seasonal four months or so from now, because that's at least how long they'll be up there. Just standing in my kitchen to take the picture I could see outdated craft projects taped to nearly every surface possible. After I tape something to my wall it seems to become invisible to me. That is the only way I can explain some of the things I still have on my wall. In this other picture I took of the snowflakes you can see the last link of our countdown-to-summer-vacation chain taped to the top of the back door, as well as pictures of monster trucks drawn last spring lining the wall next to it:



From the spot where I was standing I could also see a balloon and birthday sign taped to the wall going down the stairs. It is from James' birthday, which was over a month ago. The part of my back door not pictured is covered in at least 15 hand-turkey drawings from around a month ago, too. I forsee them staying at least until the Fourth of July. My house would look very bare without these outdated and forgotten holiday pictures taped to every wall.

Wish me luck on accomplishing something blog-worthy this next week!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

dana, that was totally blog worthy info! sounds like you are planning way ahead with this mini van idea...i love your ideas. your ideas sound like something you'd see on a movie :) we made snowflakes for our front window and just got done making and delivering goody plates last night. any fun plans for Christmas this year?

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Dana...Kurt & I forgot how funny you were. Thanks for making our evening. My brotherinlaw used to covet some of the white trash pickup trucks with giant mudflaps in the neighborhood next to the Maples.

Phyllis said...

Why, thank you guys! I plan on quoting those comments when my family think I'm lame.
No new or exciting Christmas plans this year Lisa. It's nice that way, though, because with all the family, work, and ward parties and things, Christmas can get so stressful! I vowed not to make any presents this year for that reason.
Rachel, I need to look through my comments so I can add your blog to the list of ones I watch. I hope you guys are doing well in California! We miss having you here.